Monday, February 11, 2013

Baltimore Wedding Day the pre-wedding hours

Baltimore: Wedding day We woke the next day; we went down stairs where the Home2 Hotel had a free breakfast, which was quite good. Then we went to the Hotel Monaco where the women went to make themselves beautiful, whereas the men were already beautiful many of them went with the groom Jimmy White to a rifle range, the father of the bride John Glover and Simon Robert Newey (Bob) didn’t want to go, personally I had enough of rifles when I was in the Army some 50 years ago, so I stayed with John. Bob had disappeared. John and I look around the Hotel Monaco for Bob, not finding him, with checked the Quality Hotel where John and Bob were staying, But no Bob. John and I took a walk around this Baltimore neighborhood with I taken photos with my new I-Pad, we walked for a while me taken a few photo of what thought were interesting buildings. We ended up back at the Quality Hotel that John and Bob were staying, still no Bob we sat in the lobby for a while, I decided this was a waste of time and decided to go back to my Hotel (Home2 by Hilton) I excused myself and left, taken a few more photos with my I-Pad on the way back to my hotel.
After arriving back at my hotel room I decided that maybe I should make sure my I-Pad was fully charge for the wedding that night, like I said it was new, I didn’t realize how long it could go on a charge. I went out for another walk taken photos with my packet cameras, which as it turned out were not as good as the one I took with the I-Pad. I was feeling a bit Hungary I went to a coffee shop across from the Hotel Monaco, for a cappuccino and grilled cheese, positioning myself to see if any on the wedding party arrived at the Hotel Monaco. Seeing nobody at the Hotel Monaco, I went back to my hotel retrieved my I-Pad, then returned to the Hotel Monaco. I returned to the Hotel Monaco, finding John with Bob along with Aaron and his sons Ryan and Justin with Aaron brother Daniel, also my sons Mike and Kenny Sr. Bob said “they combed the area for me” I said that “I just combed the neighborhood” We decided that we had enough time to walk to the waterfront; Bob seemed to lead the way. I of course took more photos along the way, We found the Baltimore waterfront quite nice with a square rigger with a nice little mull. While in the mull the others wanted to find a place to eat lunch, I said that there was an Irish Pub, I had already had lunch, but I decided could have a Guinness Stout, it was a nice Irish Pub.
After lunch we all returned to our hotels, a little later Adele called from the Hotel Monaco asking me to meet her there as doesn’t know if she can find the way back to our hotel. I started walking back to the Hotel Monaco which was about five slippery sidewalk blocks away, but found her walking back and we returned to the Home2 Hotel. We got dressed for the wedding, Adele in a beautiful grown, my sons in their suits and I in my wedding and funeral suit, hoping the next funeral I have to wear it to will be my own. Then all four of us walked back the Hotel Monaco for the wedding. I have to say that Baltimore does a poor job of clearing the snow off the sidewalks, but we were there to enjoy seeing our niece Olivia get married to Jimmy White.

No comments: