Saturday, June 17, 2006

About me

I decided to start a blog for two reasons One is for Genealogy and the other to express my views on what is going on the our world what is happening today and what happen and didn’t happen yesterday.
My personal history is that I was born in Brooklyn NY and raised in Amityville Long Island NY went though the Amityville Public School system the best thing I learned in Public School was to read so could read about the History of the working people of the world, and not just the rich elite class. While I was in High School I worked at Jones Beach. After school I worked for A&S Department Stores then got Drafted into the US Army from 1964 to 1966 I was lucky there and just missed going to Vietnam, but knew a lot of guys that were force to go and some never made it back. Vietnam was a waste of lives if we had never went to Vietnam it would still be the same as it is today except that over 58,000 Americans and over a million Vietnamese would still be alive. Then I went to work for AIL in Deer Park Long Island NY that is where I met my Wife Adele the best thing that ever happened to me. Then I went to work for New York Telephone in Nassau County and there I stayed until I retired in 2002 after 33 years.
Now I have time to do such thing as digitize all our old photos some that my Wife got from her mother date back to the 1900’s so I have some of the family history in photos dating back about 100 years. I decided I wanted to go back as far as I could so I got into Genealogy and got records as far back as the 1790’s. I am also into Gardening and best of all taken care of my two Grandsons Kenneth John Boyle Jr. and Richard William Boyle who was named after both his Grandpa’s
I also have time now to join the Veterans for Peace and maybe do something to get this country off the War merry go around.

No comments: