Saturday, June 17, 2006

My Genealogy

I started doing my Family Tree a few years ago mostly on line with Genealogy.com and Ancestry.com with some success mostly on my wife's side. They were came to America earlier than my side, but her father's side ends up in Baden which is now part of Germany. her maiden name is Eiermann her father's name is Frederick Eiermann as is her Grandfather's name and her Great-Grandfather's name. My wife's Great-Grandfather came to America in 1879. My Wife Adele's mother's maiden name was Hixon and came from England Via St. Kitts Adele's Grandmother's maiden name was Kane and John Kane came to America in 1847.
My side of the family comes from Scotland in 1929 my mother Jeanette Greenwood came from Alva Scotland. My Father's Family came from Wishaw in Lanarkshire Scotland. I have had great success on this side in Scotland with
www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk which has good Civil Records up to the year 1856 and UK Census to the year 1841 before that you have to go with Church Records which is a lot harder. A lot of both my wife's and my family come orginate from Ireland Like my last name Boyle which I think come from around North western part and my wife's Kane, but all the records I have seen just say they come from Ireland with no Location in Ireland that is ture of both American and Scottich records.
I have gone on too long I will post more about each side at a later time.

No comments: